Pages

09 July, 2012

Would you like a letter in the mail?

When was the last time you sent or received a hand written letter or postcard in the mail? 
Most of the time I get bills and junk mail - it can be depressing. 
Pretty envelopes usually only arrive in my letterbox with the announcement of an engagement or wedding. But the thrill of a letter or postcard just because... well that rarely happens. 

I'd like to invite you to change this with me. I'd like to send you a letter!

© Zo Ebb

Over the last few weeks I have been sending letters and postcards to friends and family because... it's fun! Some of my family is in the thick of war overseas, some live in the same city as me. Some friends are chasing their dreams in far away lands; pressing wine or animating their imaginations for all to enjoy. Yet, others are learning about the ever changing world of their adorably cute babies. 
Whatever they are doing and wherever they are, as I drop their letter in our red mail boxes, I can't help but smile and wonder when they will receive it! 
(Creative Commons)

Email, facebook, phone conversations and spending time with people are all fine. But the thrill of receiving a handwritten letter or postcard in the mail, I believe it's heart warming in a different way. 
Tearing open an envelope with a smile, full of wonder about what has been scrawled on the pages inside; it's not announcing an engagement or wedding. 

It's just because.

Would you like a letter in the mail? Comment below and a letter or card will be yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment