Pages

01 June, 2012

Join the celebrations!

Tomorrow is the first ever children's book launch from my publishing house, Ashworth Publishing. We're having the launch at The Little Bookroom in 759 Nicholson St, Carlton North, Melbourne at 2:30pm. There will be cupcakes, colouring-in and story telling - come join us!



What's the children's book your launching?
It's called Mitchell the Pixel and is aimed at children 3-7 years old.

Mitchell the pixel is a digital square.
He lives in your computer and doesn’t have hair.
Join him as he explores what it is to have friendship,
face up to bullies and find forgiveness.
While all along, staying true to his unique self.

Who authored and illustrated Mitchell the Pixel?
It was written by Leon James Wisewould and illustrated by Paul Nash.
Leon has been writing since he was a child himself. Paul has been doodling, drawing and painting since he was a child too.

Why did you start a publishing house?  
A couple years ago I wrote a children's story called Johnny Big Toes - available in November, 2012. The main character was inspired by my dear friend, AshLee, and there is an elephant, a ferrari, a giant snail, and the world's largest underground car park.

AshLee encouraged me to look at having my story published. That was when I realised that by starting my own publishing house I could be less focused on generating massive profits, and more focused on inspiring children to be children.

It wasn't long before Leon and Paul Nash, the Mitchell the Pixel illustrator would be excited to publishing the first Ashworth Publishing children's book with me.

UPDATE: See pictures from the day here

0 comments:

Post a Comment