Pages

18 September, 2011

No. 12 - Anxiety and Stress are taken

I'm grateful for that The Lord takes all my anxiety and stress from the week and gives me a day of rest.
The last week was... hard. Getting out of bed to go to church wasn't easy but I got there and I worshiped and learned more about prayer. 

Today, I also started sewing a new summer dress. It's a project that is just for me. Making a dress is only a  little project that I enjoy doing every now and then. It's always rewarding; a new dress for summer is always nice. 

Sewing is very similar to cooking - if you can read you can do it! 
Like cooking, once you understand the basics you can make changes and alter the pattern in whatever way you desire - that's the fun part which is what I enjoy most about sewing. 

To me creating my own pattern or altering another pattern to make it my own is where the fun really lies. After that, the cutting and sewing are a little mind numbing but that just means its easy to watch a movie at the same time. Tonight I watched Cop Out and an episode of Fire Fly while altering a pattern I'd bought and cutting out the fabric. 

Through the mercy of Jesus all the stress and anxiety I had been feeling had left my mind. Relaxing and reading in the sun with tea and a cupcake after lunch in a cute cafe, after a wonderful church service. I was so relaxed that making a dress was what I was inspired to do.
Their was one small flash of anxiety; as I cut into some fabric that belonged to Gran. Gran was a dressmaker and she loved it! 

I'm looking forward to finishing the dress but moving at my own pass to make it is part of being able to take the time to stop and breath. 

 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear... Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?   "... So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear? For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 
Matthew 6:25-35 (NIV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment